Protein Krispy Treats Recipe
Give a big thank you to High Key Snacks for sponsoring this post with the launch of their new Protein Cereal. I've linked their Amazon page and link to for the cereal here so you can get in on this revolutionary new snack. I'm telling you - this cereal beats any other protein cereal I've ever tried and most regular cereals. It's definitely a new pantry staple in my household!
When I got these bad boys in the mail, I knew that I HAD to do a rice krispy treat recipe with them. My boyfriend is obsessed with anything marshmallow and I have to admit, there's nothing like homemade dessert.
So here it is! And they are high key fire (pun intended). I've included the nutrition info at the bottom if you're curious or if you track your calories/macros.
2 tbsp butter
4 cups High Key Protein Cereal
4 cups mini marshmallows
1. Place the butter and mini marshmallows in a big bowl and melt in the microwave for 40-45 seconds.
2. Stir with a big spoon until well combined and microwave again for another 25-30 seconds. It should be like one big gooey marshmallow fluff ball.
3. Add the high key protein cereal to the bowl and stir all ingredients until well combined. It should be firm but not solid and yes, it'll still be super sticky. There's no avoiding it. Option to add other fun mix-ins here like more mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, sprinkles, you name it!
4. Press your marshmallow cereal mix out flat onto a pan (option to cover the pan with parchment paper first if you have some, just to make your life easier).
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Sometimes I get impatient and stick it in the freezer for 30 min instead, both have worked well for me.
6. Slice into 9 squares and eat up!